Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Love of Coffee

As we were leaving the store to come home tonight, my Bride, carrying her coffee and purse to the car, exclaimed "Oh No!!!"

Fearing something really bad had happened, I hollered at her "What's wrong!?!?"

Confirming a casualty even worse than I could have imagined, she cried "I spilled my coffee all over the inside of my purse!"

"Hey," I cried, "be careful! Do you know how much that coffee costs?!?"

I guess you have to be a coffee lover to understand how much one can allow coffee to rule your day. Can't wake up without it, can't finish dinner properly without a cup, have to make a special trip to the store to get more cream when you run out unexpectedly.

One of the biggest advantages of us running our own coffee bar is that we get to drink GREAT coffee all the time. In the days before we opened the Smelly Gourmet, we drank an awful lot of folgers (lower-case intentionally.) We would never be able to afford to buy stuff as good as we drink now.

The other day we actually (I still can't believe it!) RAN OUT of coffee at home! Luckily, Bride found a quarter pound of ground coffee sitting on my desk that we had brought home a couple of months ago. We discovered that, even a couple of months after grinding, it was still better than the FRESHED can of folgers we ever drank!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home