Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Routine

Lot of visitors this morning- George for a hot chocolate, "Lion" Bill for coffee, Al R. for coffee, Paul H. to say good morning.

Brenda working on filling a Virgin Islands order, I'm working on getting our end-of-the-year inventory entered into the computer so we can get our taxes figured out.

Taxes: I've always heard that the thing most entrepreneurs hate most is accounting and taxes. I don't argue with them at all! But we can't afford to pay someone else to do them, so I muddle through on my own. I am getting smarter about this accounting business, but progress is slow. Got an appointment with Adam this Thursday to get him, a Quickbooks expert and a CPA, to try and educate me a bit more.

Making great coffee and computer clocks is a ton of fun, selling same even more fun. But all this other crap you have to do (like accounting) is the downside!

Of course, it still beats the hell out of punching the time clock in the big corporate world.

Better get back to my inventory-data-entry work before the boss(Bride) yells at me. First I gotta get out front and stand our sign back up- teh wind just blew it over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home